Sleep Studies for Children
When a goodnight story and lullaby are not enough.
High quality sleep is an important part of your child's overall good health. Just like adults, children need to get enough restful sleep to be happy, alert and attentive during the day. A tired child may suffer from medical, developmental or behavioral problems. An overnight sleep study can be done to determine if your child truly has a sleep disorder or just snores at night.
The American Academy of Sleep Medicine lists several symptoms that may indicate a problem exists with your child's sleep.
- Does your child snore, work hard to breath or stop breathing during sleep?
- Does your child sweat during sleep?
- Does your child sleep in an awkward position?
- Does your child move frequently during sleep?
- Is your child hyperactive (ADHD) or exhibit aggressive behavior?
- Does your child have problems in school such as falling asleep or other behavioral problems?
- Does your child have headaches, particularly in the morning?
- Does your child wet the bed?
During an OhioHealth Sleep Study, parents can stay in the bedroom with their child. Those who visit our Upper Arlington location can choose to spend the night swimming with the fish in our "Friendly Fish" room or dream of a safari trip in our "Mighty Jungle" room. Snacks and breakfast items are available. The test is covered by most insurance and is not painful. Children's sleep studies are available at our Upper Arlington and Delaware locations.
Call OhioHealth Sleep Services at (614) 413-0766 to schedule a consultation and learn more, or email us through our contact form